Rita A. Woodard, Registrar of Voters, is reminding all Tulare County residents that the upcoming Primary Election will be held on June 8, 2010.
• The last day to register to vote for this election is May 24, 2010.
• Voter registration cards are available at locations throughout Tulare County. To obtain a mail-in registration card, please call (559) 624-7300 or 1-800-345-VOTE (8683), a toll free hot line. If you prefer, you can also register online at: www.sos.ca.gov
• If you complete the form online, the completed form will be mailed to you. After you receive the completed form, please sign and mail it to the Elections Office. Postage is provided.
• Vote by Mail ballots will become available beginning Monday, May 10, 2010.
• Tuesday, June 1, 2010, is the last day the Registrar of Voters Office may receive Vote by Mail ballot requests through the mail. After June 1, voters are free to come to the Elections Office to request a Vote by Mail ballot in person.
• Tulare County residents that will be sworn in as a United States Citizen by a federal judge after Monday, May 24, 2010 but no later than Tuesday June 1, 2010, may register and vote at the Tulare County Elections Office. You will be required to show your Naturalization Certificate at the time you register.