Tulare County Registrar of Voters, Rita A. Woodard, is reminding all Tulare County residents that the upcoming Consolidated Districts Election will be held on Tuesday, November 5, 2013 and there are a number of important upcoming election-related dates.
• The last day to register to vote for this election is Monday, October 21, 2013.
• Voter registration cards are available at locations throughout Tulare County. To obtain a mail-in registration card, please call (559) 624-7300 or 1-800-345-VOTE, a free hotline. If you prefer, you can also register online at: www.sos.ca.gov.
• Vote by Mail ballots will become available beginning Monday, October 7, 2013.
• Tuesday, October 29, 2013 is the last day the Registrar of Voters Office may receive Vote by Mail ballot requests through the mail. Otherwise, after October 29, 2013, voters are free to come to the Elections Office located at Government Plaza, 5951 S Mooney Blvd., Visalia, to request a Vote by Mail ballot in person.
• Tulare County residents that will be sworn in as a United States Citizen by a federal judge after Monday, October 21, 2013 but no later than Tuesday, October 29, 2013, may register and vote at the Tulare County Registrar of Voters Office. You will be required to show your Naturalization Certificate at the time you register.